After one runs (or jogs) a marathon, there is ALWAYS a pasta party!So here is a pasta recipe sure to satisfy any marathon runner, or even just your family at the end of the day in which you FEEL like you have run a marathon.
I guess it is pretty clear at this point that I like simple and quick recipes. This recipe totally fits the bill as you can prepare it in little time and need few ingredients.
1 pound egg pasta (fettuccine, tagliatelle, etc…)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
16 ounces mushrooms (your choice of button, shiitake, cremini) cleaned, stems removed and chopped (or sliced….whatever you are in the mood for!)
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. While waiting for water to come to a boil, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Lower heat, add garlic and cook for another minute.
3. While onions and garlic are cooking, chop fresh parsley. (The aroma! So fresh!)
4. Add mushrooms, stir and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Season with salt to taste. Add half of the chopped parsley. Set aside.
5. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add cream and simmer on low heat for about 2-3 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, stir in a bit of parsley. (Reserve a little bit to garnish dish.)
6. Add mushroom mixture to cream sauce and stir until all ingredients are combined.
7. Cook pasta according to directions on package.
Buonissima Diana. I make this from time to time. A classic, good pasta dish. Brava!
So simple but looks heavenly!! I’ve never tried whipping cream in pasta actually but now I’m wondering what’s ever stopped me … (Officially dreaming of pasta at 9 am, oh dear)
ha, ha, ha…..I am right there with you thinking about pasta at 9AM!
Yes….whipping cream (well…ok…heavy cream …it is the same thing) is DELICIOUS in pastas…..sometimes I add it to tomato sauce too….gives it a super rich flavor!
Sometimes, just butter and cream….a little salt and pepper..a little parmesean…so fast and easy!
Ok…..now i am hungry!
Yum Yum and more Yum!!! This is our favourite pasta in the world 🙂
Will definitely be trying this quick and easy recipe!!
Hi! Thank you! YES!!! SOOO EASY! I am over to check out your blog!! Thanks for stopping by!
am making this tonight. H is out of town so loading up on the cream and mushroom recipes while I can! 🙂
wait…does H not like cream and mushrooms??!?!!?
He’s ok with them but they are def not his favorite. I on the other hand love both!!
The beauty of Italian food is fresh ingredients of the best quality. Yum!