After one runs (or jogs) a marathon, there is ALWAYS a pasta party!So here is a pasta recipe sure to satisfy any marathon runner, or even just your family at the end of the day in which you FEEL like you have run a marathon.
I guess it is pretty clear at this point that I like simple and quick recipes. This recipe totally fits the bill as you can prepare it in little time and need few ingredients.
1 pound egg pasta (fettuccine, tagliatelle, etc…)
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 small onion finely chopped
1 minced garlic clove
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
16 ounces mushrooms (your choice of button, shiitake, cremini) cleaned, stems removed and chopped (or sliced….whatever you are in the mood for!)
4 tablespoons butter
1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
grated parmesan cheese
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat.
2. While waiting for water to come to a boil, in a large skillet heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook for about 5 minutes. Lower heat, add garlic and cook for another minute.
3. While onions and garlic are cooking, chop fresh parsley. (The aroma! So fresh!)
4. Add mushrooms, stir and cook for about 5 minutes, or until the liquid from the mushrooms has evaporated. Season with salt to taste. Add half of the chopped parsley. Set aside.
5. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over low heat. Add cream and simmer on low heat for about 2-3 minutes, add salt and pepper to taste, stir in a bit of parsley. (Reserve a little bit to garnish dish.)
6. Add mushroom mixture to cream sauce and stir until all ingredients are combined.
7. Cook pasta according to directions on package.