Recipe – Homemade Nutella – I came across a recipe in an Italian cooking magazine for homemade Nutella. I was so excited about making the candy bar in a jar on my own!
The recipe is very easy and super yummy. It does not have the exact candy bar flavor of Nutella, it does however, have a very fresh hazelnut flavor that is sure to please any Nutella fan in your house!
1/2 cup peeled hazelnuts
3/4 cup powdered sugar
2 tablespoons cacao
1 teaspoon vanilla
salt (dash or to taste)
1/4 cup sunflower oil
1/2 cup milk
5 ounces milk chocolate
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. Arrange hazelnuts on a baking sheet and toast for 10 minutes.
3. Using a food processor, grind the hazelnuts until they form almost a paste. Add sugar and cacao and pulse until mixture is crumbly. Add oil, vanilla and salt and pulse until mixture becomes smooth.
4. In a sauce pan, heat milk over medium-high heat, just to a light boil. While milk is heating, chop chocolate into small and even pieces. Put chocolate into a bowl. Pour hot milk over chocolate. Stir the mixture very gently, until smooth making sure not to overwork. Chocolate is super delicate!
5. Add milk/chocolate mixture to the nut mixture and pulse until the cream is smooth and uniform.
6. Pour chocolate spread into a resealable container. It will yield about a 1 ¼ cups and can be stored at room temperature for about 10 days (if it lasts that long!)